terça-feira, 5 de agosto de 2008

Life, Death and the Mystery of It All

Have you ever ogles a woman so badly that you instantly felt your gaze was so off-putting as to embarass her deeply? If no, caveat reader, then you are less mortal than your surrounding comrades here on Earth.

What makes us feel so guilty, what is it that really affect our way of perceiving what we do unto others? If we analysed all our so-called mistakes and glitches, would we do any better the next time we were faced with the dilemmas of life? If we had all the knowledge necessary to remain upright in most situations of life, would that encourage others to search for all this knowldedge as well?

So far, with this plentiful of questions raised, I can't provide you with all the answers I should like to. However, I can tell you that living simple, that is, trying to remember you are a mere mortal in this conflictuous world, may really give you an insight into the hidden facets of your life.

What is it that keeps some men on good paths while many idulge helplessly an are lead astray? Mulling over life, death and the permeating and unavoidable reality of it all can be utterly mind-boggling.

Having asked som many questions and not having aswered any of them, I feel inclined to tell a little about 'me'self. As far as it may interest your insatiable curiosity, I am now 17 years old. Being a pubescent myself and not living in a state of hermitage, I have some grasp of what the world is about (or have I?).

Firstly, I have seen so many beautiful women, a sufficient number to please the eyes of all varieties of hot-blooded men. I've also been enamoured, but, incredibly for many, dismissed it all as a jolly silly child's thinking pattern. I don not have a job, but wot endlessly with the aim of filling the disturbing gaps of knowledge I see in myself.

If I have ever thought about death? Thinking about it now, not much, really, 'cause I am alive and hale and hearty for the moment. On second thoughts, I have already felt it passing by an inch when I was almost run over by cars, buses, motorcicles and vehicles alike. Those were really eye-openers, but, as with everything else in life, they tend to fall gradually in oblivion.

Practising the 'I am a mortal and will be dead the next moment' motto rendered me some breathtaking, attentful episodes, which made me do things I wouldn't have done otherwise.

Recognising the little that I know about the encompassing subject of study named life, I really feel I ought to take a breather to ponder on it properly...

...

Well, let's face it. We will all be dead one day, somehow, in a manner and date the huge majority of us simply can't predict, for the better or the worse. The benefit of taking this statement seriously is that it brings a most desirable question (instead of a misdirecting riposte): What would be my last action? What would I wish to be doing in the moment before Death clasped its hands and I parted from this beloved, though flawed, world?

I would light up!

(on the original manuscript: "written on the night before the CPE examination. May God bless me :-)" [this emoticon written by pencil, right below the text])

P.S.: What's God, anyway? Am I a blasphemer to raise this question, which lurks unnoticed deeply inside sanctimonious believers themselves?

Um comentário:

Jefferson disse...

"Practising the 'I am a mortal and will be dead the next moment' motto rendered me some breathtaking, attentful episodes, which made me do things I wouldn't have done otherwise."

Ditto!

If only that'd happen more frequently!

P.S- E a mensagem continua atualíssima.